Description of the Solar Power Plant- India One – at Taleti – Abu Road – Rajasthan – India
After comparison of several solar technologies, the solar parabolic dish technology has been found most suitable for our purposes. The Scheffler Dish is a proven technology, and WRST has 15 years’ extensive experience with this technology.
The main advantages of the 60m2 parabolic dish with fix focus are:
- Cost effective / high output
- Relatively simple construction, modular design
- Innovative thermal storage concept
- Easy operation/ maintenance; all components available in India
- Inexpensive planar mirrors and MC-controlled tracking system
- Fixed receiver with no need for flexible high pressure joints
- No vacuum technology and no metal glass sealing
- Due to direct steam generation, no heat exchanger and low parasitic loads
- Efficient use of land; the dishes can be tightly placed
- Power on demand and high efficiency due to cogeneration
It is intended to set up the innovative solar thermal power plant based on the newly developed 60m2 parabolic dish with 16 hrs steel core cavity receiver and storage for continuous operation with the following main technical specifications.